Saturday 28 August 2010

Dum dum dee dum...

I've never wanted to walk down the aisle to the traditional bridal march - it's lovely and all, but just does nothing for me. I love Pachelbels Canon in D and wanted something with the same sort of feel to it as that. My favourite song is Iris, by Goo Goo Dolls and from the film "City of Angels". I really want to walk down the aisle to this song, but an instrumental version, without the lyrics, just to make it a bit different.

I had a look on Youtube and found a version, by Vitamin Sting Quartet, which is beautiful, but a bit more dramatic than I was looking for .

So after weeks of searching, I found a lovely piano cover on youtube. It has a minute long introduction which is the perfect sound I was looking for! Cue me doing the happy dance! I emailed the maker of the video and he very kindly agreed to send me the audio file to use at the wedding for a bargain price of $20 (which is about £13). Not bad, right? I figured I'd pay alot more for a custom composed piece, so was more than happy to pay it. Cue a bigger, better, happy dance!

So a big thank you to Tavis Lohmann, from Las Vegas, for his amazing piano skills. You can hear more of his and his bands music by going to www.myspace.com/behindcurtains

I can't stop playing it, it's just so beautiful.

Now, I'm off to practice walking down the aisle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...