Saturday 28 August 2010

A Fruity Twist!

I really love the idea of using fruit as wedding decoration! One of our colours is lime green, and when searching for inspiration pictures, I came across some gorgeous photos of actual limes being used -

[From www.margodittmer.com] A creative alternative to place cards
From Katieandryanwedding.wordpress.com
From www.merrimentevents.com
From thelittlewhitebook.wordpress.com
From weddingwire.com
I imagine that limes would be alot cheaper than flowers and I think they look really striking. The same thing could be done with lemons, oranges, apples - almost any fruit really!

The only thing that would worry me would be how long the fruit would last - especially as we are having a summer wedding. How long do cut up slices of lime last before they start to look a bit sorry for themselves??

Another fruity option of course, is to use coloured jelly with flowers set in -
From weddingobsession.com
I bet these would smell amazing! Although some of our younger guests would probably try to eat them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...