Saturday 26 March 2011

Hair Trials

I recently had a hair trial with my friend Mark, who also happens to be my hairdresser and also one of our witnesses for the wedding! Well, actually I had 2 hair trials - but I'll get to that later.


Here's me, all prepared for a couple of hours sitting still doing nothing!



Meanwhile, Mark patiently sewed the clips into my hair extensions. Please ignore the very lazy dog int he background.


Next, mark curled the hair extensions.






Then he got started clipping them onto my head - as you can see, he's not always gentle!






Next came about an hour of curling and spraying, before he started pinning all the curls up.





When he was finished, I was pleased with it - I love the messy, unstructured look to it because my hair will never, ever stay in a style for more than an hour or two so I wanted something that would still look good if it started to fall out.

However, I wasn't as impressed when we put the veil in. I originally wanted the veil to be attached low, so that it was coming out from the bottom of the hair. This didn't work too well with this style, as the curls are pinned quite low on  the head, so we attached the veil above the curls instead.


I do like how this looks, but it completely covers the hair style. I figured there was no point spending ages on styling my hair if the veil was going to cover it up anyway.

So we decided to have another hair trial, where we would pint he curls higher in order to accommodate the veil. We also decided to use rollers instead of a curling wand, to get more volume at the crown.

So, fast forward a week and we're at hair trial number two! It was much the same process as the first one, so I wont bore you with the same pictures again - let's just skip to the finished product.







I really love how this one turned out. There is more volume and Mark used this foam pad thing attached to a comb to make the curls sit higher.

Also, we can attache the veil underneath the curls! Hurray!






Obviously we'll tidy it up properly so that the comb wont show. But how nice does this look? I'm so happy with it all.

I even went out for a meal for my friends birthday with it in, to see how well it holds up!






This is about 5 hours after the style was first done - I think it has lasted quite well, but even though some curls have dropped and some pieces fallen out, it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...